Please make plans to attend or testify!
Click here to RSVP on Facebook!
DC BOARD OF ELECTIONS
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
RECEIPT AND INTENT TO REVIEW INITIATIVE MEASURE
The Board of Elections shall consider in a public hearing whether the proposed measure, the “DC Full Minimum Wage for Tipped Workers Amendment Act of 2022,” is a proper subject matter for initiative at the Board’s regular meeting on Thursday, August 26, 2021 at 10:30 a.m., at 1015 Half Street SE, Suite 750, Washington DC 20003.
In making a subject matter determination, the Board does not consider the merits of a proposed measure. Instead, it may consider only whether the proposed measure meets the subject matter requirements set forth in District of Columbia law. Specifically, the Board must reject the proposed measure if it determines that:
- The measure conflicts with or seeks to amend the Title IV of the DC Home Rule Act (“the District Charter”);
- The measure conflicts with the U.S. Constitution;
- The measure has not been properly filed;
- The verified statement of contributions (the measure committee’s statement of organization and report of receipts and expenditures) was not timely filed;
- The measure would authorize discrimination in violation of the DC Human Rights Act;
- The measure would negate or limit a budgetary act of the DC Council; or
- The measure would appropriate funds
Those who wish to testify at the hearing on the propriety of the proposed measure in light of the above-referenced criteria should contact the Board’s Office of the General Counsel at 202-727-2194 or firstname.lastname@example.org and provide their name, address, telephone number, and name of the organization represented (if any) by no later than Friday, July 30, 2021, at 4:00 p.m.. Any written testimony or memoranda should be submitted for the record to the Board’s Office of the General Counsel, 1015 Half Street SE, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20003 or at email@example.com by that date and time as well. Individuals shall be permitted a maximum of three minutes for oral presentations. Representatives of organizations shall be permitted a maximum of five minutes for oral presentations.
Click here to download the Public Notice